Terms of Service Last update 7 months ago
Welcome to alphagold.africa.
The following terms of service (these "Terms of Service"), govern your access to and use of the Alpha Gold website and mobile application, including any content, functionality and services offered on or through www.alphagold.africa or the Alpha Gold mobile application (the "Site") by Alpha Gold Africa Proprietary Limited (Century City, Western Cape, South Africa), referred hereto as "Alpha Gold" "we" or "us" and “you” or “user” means you as a user of the Site.
This Site is offered and available to users who are at least 18 years of age and of legal age to form a binding contract. If you are under 18 and at least 13 years of age, you are only permitted to use the Site through an account owned by a parent or legal guardian with their appropriate permission. If you are under 13 you are not permitted to use the Site or the Alpha Gold services. By using the Site, you represent and warrant that you meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you must not access or use the Site
Our Customer Support team is available 24/7 if you have any questions regarding the Site or Terms of Service. Contacting our Customer Support team can be performed by submitting a request here.
The original language of these Terms of Service, as well as all other texts throughout the Site, is English. Alpha Gold makes this translation available for convenience only. In case of conflicts between the original English version and any translation, the English version shall prevail.
Clients are users who purchase services on Alpha Gold.
Custom Offers are exclusive proposals that a Finance Professional can create in response to specific requirements of a Client.
Custom Orders are requests made by a Client to receive a Custom Offer from a Finance Professional.
Gig® Extras are additional services offered on top of the Finance Professional’s Gig for an additional price defined by the Finance Professional.
Gig® Packages allow Finance Professionals to offer services in different formats and prices. Packages can include upgrades, which lets Finance Professionals price their service for a basic price of over R150 (or $5).
Gig® Page is where the Finance Professional can describe their Gig and the Gig’s terms, and the Client can purchase the Gig and create an order.
Gig® / Gigs® are services offered on Alpha Gold.
Order Page is where Clients and Finance Professionals communicate with each other in connection with an ordered Gig.
Orders are the formal agreements between a Client and Finance Professional after a purchase was made from the Finance Professional’s Gig Page.
Finance Professionals are users who offer and perform services through Gigs on Alpha Gold.
Overview (Main terms, in a nutshell)
- Only registered users may buy and sell on Alpha Gold. Registration is free. In registering for an account, you agree to provide us with accurate, complete and updated information and must not create an account for fraudulent or misleading purposes. You are solely responsible for any activity on your account and for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your password. We are not liable for any acts or omissions by you in connection with your account.
- Gigs on Alpha Gold may be offered at a base starting price of R150 (or $5). Some Gigs are offered at a base price of more than R150 (or $5) as determined by the Finance Professional.
- Clients pay Alpha Gold in advance to create an order (see Payment Terms).
- Orders are purchased through the Order button found on a Finance Professional’s Gig page or through a Custom Offer.
- For fees and payments please read the Payment Terms
- Finance Professionals must fulfill their orders, and may not cancel orders on a regular basis or without cause. Cancelling orders will affect Finance Professionals’ reputation and status.
- Finance Professionals gain account statuses (Levels) based on their performance and reputation. Advanced levels provide their owners with benefits, including offering services for higher prices through Gig Extras, or selling their Gig in multiples.
- Users may not offer or accept payments using any method other than placing an order through alphagold.africa.
- When purchasing a Gig, Clients are granted all rights for the delivered work, unless otherwise specified by the Finance Professional on their Gig page.
- Alpha Gold retains the right to use all published delivered works for Alpha Gold marketing and promotion purposes.
- Users undertake to comply with Alpha Gold’s Community Standards, which are a set of behaviour rules and guidelines, applicable to the Alpha Gold community and marketplace in addition to these Terms of Service, as updated from time to time.
- Finance Professionals create Gigs on Alpha Gold to allow Clients to purchase their services.
- Finance Professionals may also offer Custom Offers to Clients in addition to their Gigs.
- Each Gig you sell and successfully complete, accredits your account with a revenue equal to 80% of the purchase amount.
- Alpha Gold accredits Finance Professionals once an order is completed. See our "Orders" section below for a definition of a completed order.
- For more information about receiving payments, fees and taxes see the Payment Terms.
- Finance Professionals may not promote their Gigs or any Alpha Gold content via the Google Ads platform.
- The Finance Professional's rating is calculated based on the order reviews posted by Clients. High ratings allow Finance Professionals to obtain advanced Finance Professional levels (see Levels below). In certain cases, exceedingly low ratings may lead to the suspension of the Finance Professional’s account.
- For security concerns, Alpha Gold may temporarily disable a Finance Professional’s ability to withdraw revenue to prevent fraudulent or illicit activity. This may come as a result of security issues, improper behaviour reported by other users, or associating multiple Alpha Gold accounts to a single withdrawal provider.
- Finance Professionals are responsible for obtaining a general liability insurance policy with coverage amounts that are sufficient to cover all risks associated with the performance of their services.
- Finance Professionals are allowed to post a select amount of active Gigs based on their Level status.
- 7 Gigs for Finance Professionals without a Level status.
- 10 Gigs for Level 1 Finance Professionals.
- 20 Gigs for Level 2 Finance Professionals.
- 30 Gigs for Top Rated Finance Professionals.
- Gigs created on Alpha Gold are User Generated Content.
- Gigs and/or users may be removed by Alpha Gold from the Site for violations of these Terms of Service and/or our Community Standards, which may include (but are not limited to) the following violations and/or materials:
- Illegal or Fraudulent services
- Copyright Infringement, Trademark Infringement, and violation of a third party's terms of service reported through our Intellectual Property Claims Policy found here
- Adult oriented services, Pornographic, Inappropriate/Obscene
- Intentional copies of Gigs
- Spam, nonsense, or violent or deceptive Gigs
- Gigs misleading to Clients or others
- Reselling of regulated goods
- Offering to prepare academic works on behalf of Clients
- Low quality services or deliveries
- Promoting Alpha Gold and/or Alpha Gold Gigs through activities that are prohibited by any laws, regulations, and/or third parties' terms of service, as well as through any marketing activity that negatively affects our relationships with our users or partners.
- Gigs that are removed for violations mentioned above, may result in the suspension of the Finance Professional’s account.
- Gigs that are removed for violations are not eligible to be restored or edited.
- Gigs may be removed from our listings due to poor performance and/or user misconduct.
- Gigs may include pre-approved website URLs contained within the Gig description and requirements box. Gigs containing websites promoting content, which violates Alpha Gold’s Terms of Service and/or our Community Standards, will be removed.
- Gigs are required to have an appropriate Gig image related to the service offered. An option to upload two additional Gig images are available to all Finance Professionals. Finance Professionals must deliver the same quality of service as shown on their Gig images. Recurring deliveries that don’t match the quality shown on the Gig images may lead to the Finance Professional’s account losing Finance Professional status or becoming permanently disabled.
- Gigs may contain an approved Gig Video uploaded through the Gig management tools available on Alpha Gold.
- Statements on the Gig Page that undermine or circumvent these Terms of Service is prohibited.
- Eligible Gigs in select Categories may set up Gig Packages to offer their services in structured formats with multiple price points for the selected Gig.
- Certain categories are available only to Pro Finance Professionals to create Gigs. If you are not a Pro Finance Professional, creating a Gig for services available to Pro only may result in removal of your Gig.
- Gig Extras are additional services offered on top of the Finance Professional’s Gig for an additional price defined by the Finance Professional.
- Gig Extras may be removed for violations of our Terms of Service and/or our Community Standards. For specific terms, please see the Gigs section above for a list of services that violate our Terms of Service. Gigs are subject to be removed due to violations found in Gig Extras.
- The amount of Gig Extras, which can be offered, and the price for each Gig Extra, is based on your Finance Professional Level. More information surrounding your accounts eligibility for Gig Extras can be found here.
- Services offered through Gig Extras must be related to the base service and part of the deliverables on the Order.
- Gig Extras may cover different categories of services that are components to a higher quality delivered service.
- Finance Professionals have the option to extend the duration of an Order for each Gig Extra that is added to the Order. This is to cover the time needed to complete the extra service.
Alpha Gold is all about helping Finance Professionals leverage their skills. We seek to empower top performing Finance Professionals with helpful tools to grow their business. Finance Professionals who invest in self-promotion may achieve greater customer satisfaction. And, if they deliver on time and maintain high quality and ratings, Alpha Gold may reward them with new statuses, special opportunities, benefits, and tools that come with it.
- Alpha Gold Finance Professionals can gain account Levels based on their activity, performance and reputation. The advancement criteria can be found here.
- Advancement in Levels are updated periodically by an automated system.
- The current Levels a Finance Professional can achieve are, Level 1, 2, and Top Rated.
- Finance Professionals who cannot maintain their high quality service, experience a severe drop in ratings, or stop delivering on time risk losing their Finance Professional status and the benefits that come with it. For example, late deliveries, warnings to the Finance Professional’s account and cancellations can cause a Finance Professional to move to a different Level.
- Advanced levels provide their owners with additional benefits, including offering Gigs for higher prices through Gig Extras, or selling their Gig in multiples.
Top Rated Finance Professionals
- Top Rated Finance Professionals are chosen manually by Alpha Gold editors through an ongoing review process based on seniority, volume of sales, extremely high ratings, exceptional customer care, high order completion rate and community leadership. Some categories eligibility criteria may require finance professionals to complete mandatory tests or other verification steps. Top Rated Finance Professionals gain access to more extensive features than previous levels, including exclusive access to beta features and VIP support.
- Top Rated eligibility is constantly evaluated by Alpha Gold to ensure that the quality standards and expectations of the Top Rated selection is kept. Alpha Gold retains the right to change a Top Rated Finance Professional status in light of such evaluation. In addition, Top Rated Finance Professionals who cannot maintain their high quality service through a severe drop in ratings, stop delivering on time, increased cancellation rate or violate our Terms of Service and/or our Community Standards, also risk losing their Top Rated status and the benefits that come with it.
Pro Finance Professionals
- Pro Finance Professionals are pre-verified professionals who undergo a vetting process by Alpha Gold administrators. Applying for Alpha GoldPro is open to everyone: professional freelancers who are new to Alpha Gold, as well as existing Alpha Gold Finance Professionals.
- Pro Finance Professionals eligibility is constantly evaluated by Alpha Gold to ensure that the quality standards and expectations of the Pro Finance Professional selection is kept. Alpha Gold retains the right to change a Pro Finance Professional status in light of such evaluation. In addition, Pro Finance Professionals who cannot maintain their high quality service through a severe drop in ratings, stop delivering on time, increased cancellation rate or violate our Terms of Service, also risk losing their Pro status and the benefits that come with it.
Finance Professional Features
Alpha Gold Finance Professionals have access to several exclusive features that help customise the way their services can be offered.
- Finance Professionals can also send Custom Offers addressing specific requirements of a Client.
- Custom Offers are defined by the Finance Professional with the exact description of the service, the price and the time expected to deliver the service.
- Custom Offers are sent from the conversation page.
- Services provided through Custom Offers may not violate Alpha Gold’s Terms of Service and/or our Community Standards.
- Gig and Custom Offers above R2,500 (or $100) may include up to six project milestones, the minimum amount for each milestone is R1,500 (or $50) and the project should include at least two milestones. Each milestone is paid and delivered separately in accordance with each Gig or Custom Offer’s description and timelines.
- Once a milestone is delivered and marked as completed, Clients may choose to either continue with the Order and pay for the next milestone, or to stop the Order. If Client does not pay for the next milestone within 10 days of acceptance of previous milestones, the Order under the next milestones will not start. A milestone will be automatically marked as complete if no acceptance or request for modification were submitted within 8 days after being marked as Delivered, however, in such case all further milestones will not start.
- Finance Professionals may offer Clients a fixed term subscription for a specific Gig (the “Gig Subscription”). During the Gig Subscription term, Finance Professional will deliver one Order of the same Gig on a recurring basis, as agreed between the Finance Professional and Client.
- Clients may cancel future Orders under the Gig Subscription before payment is made for such future Orders. In such case, the Orders under the Gig Subscription will be cancelled, as applicable. Once payment is made, Alpha Gold’s Order Cancelation policy under the Payments Terms will apply.
- Finance Professionals may cancel the Gig Subscription up to 10 days before the next consecutive Order. Otherwise, Alpha Gold’s Order Cancelation policy under the Payments Terms will apply.
- You may not offer direct payments to Finance Professionals using payment systems outside of the Alpha Gold platform.
- Alpha Gold retains the right to use all publicly published delivered works for marketing and promotional purposes.
- Clients may request a specific service from the Post a Request feature. Services requested on Alpha Gold must be an allowed service onAlpha Gold. Please click here for guidelines on approved services. Users should refrain from using the Post a Request feature for any purpose other than looking for services on Alpha Gold.
- Please refer to the Payment Terms for making Payments through the Alpha Gold platform and to learn about fees and taxes.
- In addition, Clients can request a Custom Order which addresses specific Client requirements, and receive a Custom Offer from Finance Professionals through the site.
- You may not offer Finance Professionals to pay, or make payment using any method other than through the alphagold.africa site. In case you have been asked to use an alternative payment method, please report it immediately to Customer Support here.
- Once payment is confirmed, your order will be created and given a unique Alpha Gold order number (#AGO).
- Finance Professionals must deliver completed files and/or proof of work using the Deliver Work button (located on the Order page) according to the service that was purchased and advertised on their Gig.
- The Deliver Work button may not be abused by Finance Professionals to circumvent Order guidelines described in these Terms of Service. Using the “Deliver Work” button when an Order was not fulfilled may result in a cancellation of that Order after review, affect the Finance Professional’s rating and result in a warning to Finance Professional.
- An Order is marked as Complete after it is marked as Delivered and then accepted by a Client. An Order will be automatically marked as Complete if not accepted and no request for modification was submitted within 3 days after the Order was marked as Delivered. The Client may extend such period by up to 5 additional days.
- We encourage our Clients and Finance Professionals to try and settle conflicts amongst themselves. If for any reason this fails after using the Resolution Center or if you encounter non-permitted usage on the Site, users can contact Alpha Gold's Customer Support department for assistance here. For more information about disputes, Order cancellations and refunds please refer to the Payment Terms.
- A milestone (on an Order with milestones) is marked as Complete after it is delivered by the Finance Professional and then accepted by the Client. A milestone will be automatically marked as complete if no acceptance or request for modification were submitted within 8 days after being marked as Delivered, however, in such case the Order will be stopped and all further milestones will not start. Once a milestone is delivered and accepted, Clients may choose to either continue with the Order and pay for the next milestone, or to stop the Order. If Client does not pay for the next milestone within 10 days of acceptance of previous milestones, the Order under the next milestones will not start. Please note that if you choose to stop the future milestones, the current ordered milestone will not be cancelled.
- Clients may purchase a Gig Subscription, if available on the Finance Professional’s Gig page. During the Gig Subscription term, a new Order of the same Gig will be automatically created on a recurring basis, as agreed between the Finance Professional and Client. By purchasing a Gig Subscription, you authorise us to automatically charge you for each Order under the Gig Subscription from your Alpha Gold Balance or saved payment method, as applicable. If you do not have any Alpha Gold Balance or a saved payment method, you will be requested to approve the payment prior to the next Order. In case a payment is not processed or made by Client, for any other reason, the Orders under the Gig Subscription will be cancelled. Client may also cancel future Orders under the Gig Subscription before payment is made for such future Orders. Once payment is made, Alpha Gold’s Order Cancelation policy under the Payments Terms will apply. Please note that Finance Professionals can cancel future Orders under the Gig Subscription 10 days prior to the next consecutive Order.
- Certain Gigs that offer local services might require Clients and Finance Professionals to meet in person in order for the Finance Professional to perform the service. In such cases, users should note that Alpha Gold does not guarantee the behaviour, conduct, safety, suitability or ability of either Clients or Finance Professionals. Both Clients and Finance Professionals agree that the entire risk arising out of their meeting and/or their use or performance of local services remains solely with them, and Alpha Gold has no responsibility or liability related to any local services provided by the Finance Professionals. In the event that the service is performed on the Clients’ premises, Clients are encouraged to maintain proper insurance policies to cover their liability as the premise owner. Alpha Gold’s Terms of Service and Community Standards remain applicable to Orders that are performed outside of the marketplace (including, among others, the below restrictions on Unlawful Use, Inappropriate Behaviour; Language, and Targeted Abuse).
- When a Client orders a Gig, the Finance Professional is notified by email as well as notifications on the site while logged into the account.
- Finance Professionals are required to meet the delivery time they specified when creating their Gigs. Failing to do so will allow the Client to cancel the Order when an Order is marked as late and may harm the Finance Professional's status.
- Finance Professionals must send completed files and/or proof of work using the Deliver Completed Work button (located on the Order page) to mark the Order as Delivered.
- Users are responsible for scanning all transferred files for viruses and malware. Alpha Gold will not be held responsible for any damages which might occur due to site usage, use of content or files transferred.
- Clients may use the "Request Revisions" feature located on the Order Page while an Order is marked as Delivered if the delivered materials do not match the Finance Professional's description on their Gig page or they do not match the requirements sent to the Finance Professional at the beginning of the order process.
- Reviews provided by Clients are an essential part of Alpha Gold's rating system. To Learn more about Alpha Gold’s review system, please see here.
- Reviews will not be removed unless there are clear violations of our Terms of Service and/or our Community Standards.
- To prevent any misuse of our review system, all reviews must come from legitimate and eligible orders, as further detailed here. Purchases arranged, determined to artificially enhance Finance Professional ratings, or to abuse the Alpha Gold platform with purchases from additional accounts, will result in a permanent suspension of all related accounts.
- Withholding the delivery of services, files, or information required to complete the Gig’s service with the intent to gain favourable reviews or additional services is prohibited. Finance Professionals may not solicit the removal of feedback reviews from their Clients through mutual cancellations.
- Once both Finance Professional and Client have completed their reviews, or the applicable review period have passed, all posted reviews are made public.
- Work Samples are added to a Finance Professional's Live Portfolio on their Gig page if the Client chooses to publish the Work Sample while providing a public feedback review. Work Samples are the delivered images and videos sent to a Client in a delivery message.
Disputes and Cancellations
We encourage our Clients and Finance Professionals to try and settle conflicts amongst themselves. If for any reason this fails after using the Resolution Center or if you encounter non-permitted usage on the Site, users can contact Alpha Gold's Customer Support department for assistance here. For more information about disputes, Order cancellations and refunds please refer to the Payment Terms.
User Conduct and Protection
Alpha Gold enables people around the world to create, share, sell and purchase nearly any financial service they need at an unbeatable value. Services offered on Alpha Gold reflect the diversity of an expanding Gig economy. Members of the Alpha Gold community communicate and engage through orders, social media, and on Alpha Gold’s Community Forums.
Alpha Gold maintains a friendly, community spirited, and professional environment. Users should keep to that spirit while participating in any activity or extensions of Alpha Gold. This section relates to the expected conduct users should adhere to while interacting with each other on Alpha Gold.
To report a violation of our Terms of Service and/or our Community Standards, User Misconduct, or inquiries regarding your account, please contact our Customer Support team here.
- Requesting or providing Email addresses, Skype/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Alpha Gold in order to circumvent or abuse the Alpha Gold messaging system or Alpha Gold platform is not permitted.
- Any necessary exchange of personal information required to continue a service may be exchanged within the Order Page.
- Alpha Gold does not provide any guarantee of the level of service offered to Clients. You may use the dispute resolution tools provided to you in the Order Page.
- Alpha Gold does not provide protection for users who interact outside of the Alpha Gold platform.
- All information and file exchanges must be performed exclusively on Alpha Gold's platform.
- Rude, abusive, improper language, or violent messages will not be tolerated and may result in an account warning or the suspension/removal of your account.
- Alpha Gold is open to everyone. You undertake not to discriminate against any other user based on gender, race, age, religious affiliation, sexual orientation or otherwise and you acknowledge that such discrimination may result in the suspension/removal of your account.
- Users may not submit proposals or solicit parties introduced through Alpha Gold to contract, engage with, or pay outside of Alpha Gold.
- Users with the intention to defame competing Finance Professionals by ordering from competing services will have their reviews removed or further account status related actions determined by review by our Trust & Safety team.
- Users are to refrain from spamming or soliciting previous Clients or Finance Professionals to pursue removing/modifying reviews or cancelling orders that do not align on Order Cancellation or Feedback policies.
- Users may report Gigs to Customer Support that may be in violation of Alpha Gold’s Terms of Service based on the reported Gig’s replicated similarity to pre-existing services (copycat Gigs).
- Finance Professionals warrant that any content included in their Gigs shall be original work conceived by the Finance Professionals and shall not infringe any third party rights, including, without limitation, copyrights, trademarks or service marks.
- Alpha Gold will respond to clear and complete notices of alleged copyright or trademark infringement. Our Intellectual Property claims procedures can be reviewed here.
Users may receive a warning to their account for violations of our Terms of Service and/or our Community Standards or any user misconduct reported to our Trust and Safety team. A warning will be sent to the user's email address and will be displayed for such user on the Site. Warnings do not limit account activity, but can lead to your account losing Finance Professional statuses or becoming permanently disabled based on the severity of the violation.
Adult Services & Pornography - Alpha Gold does not allow any exchange of adult oriented or pornographic materials and services.
Inappropriate Behaviour & Language - Communication on Alpha Gold should be friendly, constructive, and professional. Alpha Gold condemns bullying, harassment, and hate speech towards others. We allow users a medium for which messages are exchanged between individuals, a system to rate orders, and to engage on larger platforms such as our Community Forum and Social Media pages.
Phishing and Spam - Members’ security is a top priority. Any attempts to publish or send malicious content with the intent to compromise another member’s account or computer environment is strictly prohibited. Please respect our members privacy by not contacting them with offers, questions, suggestions or anything which is not directly related to their Gigs or orders.
Privacy & Identity - You may not publish or post other people's private and confidential information. Any exchange of personal information required for the completion of a service must be provided in the Order Page. Finance Professionals further confirm that whatever information they receive from the Client, which is not public domain, shall not be used for any purpose whatsoever other than for the delivery of the work to the Client. Any users who engage and communicate off of Alpha Gold will not be protected by our Terms of Service.
Authentic Alpha Gold Profile - You may not create a false identity on Alpha Gold, misrepresent your identity, create a Alpha Gold profile for anyone other than yourself (a real person), or use or attempt to use another user’s account or information; Your profile information, including your description, skills, location, etc., must be accurate and complete and may not be misleading, illegal, offensive or otherwise harmful. Alpha Gold reserves the right to require users to go through a verification process in order to use the Site (whether by using ID, phone, camera, etc.).
Intellectual Property Claims - Alpha Gold will respond to clear and complete notices of alleged copyright or trademark infringement, and/or violation of third party’s terms of service. Our Intellectual Property claims procedures can be reviewed here.
Fraud / Unlawful Use - You may not use Alpha Gold for any unlawful purposes or to conduct illegal activities.
Abuse and Spam
Multiple Accounts - To prevent fraud and abuse, users are limited to one active Alpha Gold account. Any additional account determined to be created to circumvent guidelines, promote competitive advantages, or mislead the Alpha Gold community will be disabled. Mass account creation may result in disabling of all related accounts. Note: any violations of Alpha Gold’s Terms of Service and/or our Community Standards is a cause for permanent suspension of all accounts.
Targeted Abuse - We do not tolerate users who engage in targeted abuse or harassment towards other users on Alpha Gold. This includes creating new multiple accounts to harass members through our message or ordering system.
Selling Accounts - You may not buy or sell Alpha Gold accounts.
The Site, including its general layout, look and feel, design, information, content and other materials available thereon, is exclusively owned by Alpha Gold and protected by copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property laws. Alpha Gold®, Gig® and Gigs® are all registered trademarks owned exclusively by Alpha Gold. Users have no right, and specifically agree not to do the following with respect to the Site or any part, component or extension of the Site (including its mobile applications): (i) copy, transfer, adapt, modify, distribute, transmit, display, create derivative works, publish or reproduce it, in any manner; (ii) reverse assemble, decompile, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to derive its source code, underlying ideas, algorithms, structure or organisation; (iii) remove any copyright notice, identification or any other proprietary notices; (iv) use automation software (bots), hacks, modifications (mods) or any other unauthorised third-party software designed to modify the Site; (v) attempt to gain unauthorised access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt the Site or the computer systems or networks connected to the Site; (vi) circumvent, remove, alter, deactivate, degrade or thwart any technological measure or content protections of the Site; (vii) use any robot, spider, crawlers or other automatic device, process, software or queries that intercepts, “mines,” scrapes or otherwise accesses the Site to monitor, extract, copy or collect information or data from or through the Site, or engage in any manual process to do the same, (viii) introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other materials that are malicious or technologically harmful into our systems, (ix) use the Site in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the Site, or interfere with any other users’ enjoyment of the Site or (x) access or use the Site in any way not expressly permitted by these Terms of Service. Users also agree not to permit or authorise anyone else to do any of the foregoing.
Except for the limited right to use the Site according to these Terms of Service, Alpha Gold owns all right, title and interest in and to the Site (including any and all intellectual property rights therein) and you agree not to take any action(s) inconsistent with such ownership interests. We reserve all rights in connection with the Site and its content (other than UGC) including, without limitation, the exclusive right to create derivative works.
To the extent that you provide Alpha Gold with any comments, suggestions or other feedback regarding the Alpha Gold platform or the Site as a whole, as well as otherAlpha Gold products or services (collective, the “Feedback”), you will be deemed to have granted Alpha Gold an exclusive, royalty-free, fully paid up, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide ownership rights in the Feedback. Alpha Gold is under no obligation to implement any Feedback it may receive from users.
Finance Professionals should recognise that there might be a need for Clients to disclose certain confidential information to be used by Finance Professionals for the purpose of delivering the ordered work, and to protect such confidential information from unauthorised use and disclosure. Therefore, Finance Professionals agree to treat any information received from Clients as highly sensitive, top secret and classified material. Without derogating from the generality of the above, Finance Professionals specifically agree to (i) maintain all such information in strict confidence; (ii) not disclose the information to any third parties; (iii) not use the information for any purpose except for delivering the ordered work; and (vi) not to copy or reproduce any of the information without the Client’s permission.
- Alpha Gold reserves the right to put any account on hold or permanently disable accounts due to breach of these Terms of Service and/or our Community Standards, including low quality services or deliveries, or due to any illegal or inappropriate use of the Site or services.
- Violation of Alpha Gold's Terms of Service and/or our Community Standards may get your account disabled permanently.
- Users with disabled accounts will not be able to sell or buy on Alpha Gold.
- Users who have violated our Terms of Service and/or our Community Standards and had their account disabled may contact our Customer Support team for more information surrounding the violation and status of the account.
- Users have the option to enable account Security features to protect their account from any unauthorised usage.
- Users must be able to verify their account ownership through Customer Support by providing materials that prove ownership of that account.
- Disputes should be handled using Alpha Gold's dispute resolution tools ('Resolution Center' on the order page) or by contacting Alpha Gold Customer Support.
- Alpha Gold may make changes to its Terms of Service from time to time. When these changes are made, Alpha Gold will make a new copy of the terms of service available on this page.
- You understand and agree that if you use Alpha Gold after the date on which the Terms of Service have changed, Alpha Gold will treat your use as acceptance of the updated Terms of Service.
User Generated Content
User Generated Content ("UGC") refers to the content added by users as opposed to content created by the Site. All content uploaded to Alpha Gold by our users (Clients and Finance Professionals) is User Generated Content. Alpha Gold does not check user uploaded/created content for appropriateness, violations of copyright, trademarks, other rights or violations and the user uploading/creating such content shall be solely responsible for it and the consequences of using, disclosing, storing, or transmitting it. By uploading to, or creating content on, the Alpha Gold platform, you represent and warrant that you own or have obtained all rights, licenses, consents, permissions, power and/or authority, necessary to use and/or upload such content and that such content or the use thereof in the Site does not and shall not (a) infringe or violate any intellectual property, proprietary or privacy, data protection or publicity rights of any third party; (b) violate any applicable local, state, federal and international laws, regulations and conventions; and/or (c) violate any of your or third party’s policies and/or terms of service. We invite everyone to report violations together with proof of ownership as appropriate. Reported violating content may be removed or disabled.
Furthermore, Alpha Gold is not responsible for the content, quality or the level of service provided by the Finance Professionals (even if they are Expert Finance Professionals, Top Rated Finance Professionals, offer Promoted Gigs or otherwise). We provide no warranty with respect to the Gigs, their delivery and any communications between Clients and Finance Professionals. We encourage users to take advantage of our rating system, our community and common sense in choosing appropriate services.
By offering a service, the Finance Professional undertakes that he/she has sufficient permissions, rights and/or licenses to provide, sell or resell the service that is offered on Alpha Gold. Finance Professionals advertising online their Gig must comply with laws and terms of service of the advertising platform or relevant website used to advertise. Failing to do so may result in removal of the Gig, and may lead to the suspension of Finance Professional's account.
For specific terms related to Intellectual Property rights and for reporting claims of copyright infringement (DMCA notices) or trademark infringement - please see our Intellectual Property Claims Policy which forms an integral part of these Terms of Service. Note that it is our policy in appropriate circumstances to disable and/or terminate the accounts of users who are repeat infringers.
Ownership and limitations: When purchasing a Gig on Alpha Gold, unless clearly stated otherwise on the Finance Professional's Gig page/description, when the work is delivered, and subject to payment, the Client is granted all intellectual property rights, including but not limited to, copyright in the work delivered from the Finance Professional, and the Finance Professional waives any and all moral rights therein. Accordingly, the Finance Professional expressly assigns to the Client the copyright in the delivered work. All transfer and assignment of intellectual property to the Client shall be subject to full payment for the Gig, and the delivery may not be used if payment is cancelled for any reason. For removal of doubt, in custom work, the delivered work and its copyright shall be the exclusive property of the Client and, upon delivery, the Finance Professional agrees that it thereby, pursuant to these Terms of Service, assigns all right, title and interest in and to the delivered work to the Client.
Furthermore, users (both Clients and Finance Professionals) agree that unless they explicitly indicate otherwise, the content users voluntarily create/upload to Alpha Gold, including Gig texts, photos, videos, usernames, user photos, user videos and any other information, including the display of delivered work, may be used by Alpha Gold for no consideration for marketing and/or other purposes.
Disclaimer of Warranties
YOUR USE OF THE SITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER ALPHA GOLD NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH ALPHA GOLD MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE SITE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Certain user-generated content on the Site has been translated for your convenience using translation softwares powered by Amazon or Google. Reasonable efforts have been made to provide an accurate translation, however, no automated translation is perfect nor is it intended to replace human translators. Such translations are provided as a service to users of the Site, and are provided "as is". No warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, is made as to the accuracy, reliability, or correctness of such translations made from English into any other language. Some user-generated content (such as images, videos, Flash, etc.) may not be accurately translated or translated at all due to the limitations of the translation software.
Google disclaims all warranties related to the translations, express or implied, including any warranties of accuracy, reliability, and any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
The official text is the English version of the Site. Any discrepancies or differences created in the translation are not binding and have no legal effect for compliance or enforcement purposes. If any questions arise related to the accuracy of the information contained in the translated content, please refer to the English version of the content which is the official version.
Limitation on Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL ALPHA GOLD, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE SITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
The term “Affiliate” referred to herein, is an entity that, directly or indirectly, controls, or is under the control of, or is under common control with Alpha Gold, where control means having more than fifty percent (50%) voting stock or other ownership interest or the majority of voting rights of such entity.